Saturday, May 1, 2010

It's "go" time.

I'm sitting at my desk with the printed off transcripts of interviews, research, several pens and a large mug of coffee. My Firefox has about 10 tabs open at this point and I'm pulling down research details from various sites that I've bookmarked, getting the minutiae I want for the sections of my article.

I'm taking a break from writing the article, and dealing with sorting through the interviews, because I need to finish the blog entries for my C.A.R. class, and also because I need a break from the article itself and because my head hurts. (Too much coffee, perhaps?)

I need to shut off my phone and focus on producing a new outline with the stuff I've gotten back recently and then start putting what I've got into the skeletal structure of the new outline. What I really need to have done at the end of the day is a somewhat fleshed out article and sidebar with notes as to what else I need to make it complete. This shouldn't be too difficult, it's just going to be time consuming.

I think I'll go turn off my cell phone and brew some more coffee.

But, before I do that, I need to get inspired...end-of-the-semester-itis is setting and and it's a nice day. I want to go for a walk. The hockey playoffs are going on and the Pens dusted the Habs, 6-3, last night. The Bruins/Flyers game is on right now and I wouldn't mind watching that, either. But this is what I do. I love to write and so I'm going to write.

Inspiration:

No comments:

Post a Comment